How to Hook Up an Automatic Ballast System.
The Best Possible Way is by Keeping it Basic!
Required parts for EACH Pro X Series Fat Sac you will need the following:
1 each of (W610-P) – Jabsco Metal Ballast Puppy Pump (high volume,
self-priming, reversible) with Fill/Empty Switch
25 ft of (558031-Black Hose) – Black Reinforced Bilge Hose. Fits 1″ or 11/8″ fittings
2 each of W743 – 11/8″ Quick Connect – Sac Valve Thread (use PVC Cement to screw this fitting into the Fat Sac)
2 each of W741 – Flow-Rite 11/8″ Straight Quick Connect Socket
2 each of W746 – Flow-Rite 11/8″ Elbow Quick Connect Socket
6 each of (558031-Clamp) – 316 Stainless Steel Worm Drive Hose Clamp 5/16” – 1 1/2” Clamp Diameter Range
2 each of Thru Hulls – One for the bottom of the boat for Filling/Emptying; One for Venting/Overflow -(NOT INCLUDED)
Adequate length of electrical wire to wire up the fill/empty switch and the Jabsco Metal Ballast Puppy Pump- (NOT INCLUDED)
IMPORTANT::: If you want a custom Automatic Ballast System setup that is made for your exact boat, call Mike at 561-523-1947,
THEN TEXT me your name, email, and part#s Mike gave you and I will send you a quote with everything in it
and a DISCOUNT!
We also just added a free service for all orders placed through the link below or on our
site called 4Xs Buyer Protection which is FREE to you. It is pretty awesome and
should give you even more confidence in your investment!
Directions for Automatic Ballast System:
For each Pro X Series Fat Sac, you will need the following;
1. 1 x (W610-P) Jabsco Metal Ballast Puppy Pump high volume, self-priming, reversible pump with a fill-empty switch.
2. about 25 feet (558031 – black hose) black reinforced bilge hose Fits 1″ or 11/8″ fittings
3. 2 x (W743-SS) 11/8″ Quick Connect – Sac Valve Thread – screw these into Pro X Series Fat Sac with all Purpose PVC Cement.
4. 2 x (W741) Flow-Rite 11/8″ Straight Quick Connect Socket
5. 2 x (W746) Flow-Rite 11/8″ Elbow Quick Connect Socket
6. 6 x (558031-clamp) 316 stainless steel worm drive hose clamp 5/16″-1 1/2″ clamp diameter range
7. 2 x Thru Hulls One for the bottom of the boat to fill and empty through plus one for the vent/overflow
8. Adequate length of electrical wire to wire up the Jabsco Metal Ballast Puppy Pump (NOT INCLUDED)
Run Black Reinforced Hose from the Thru Hull Fitting in the
bottom of the boat to one side of the Jabsco Pump.
Run Black Reinforced Hose from the other side of the Jabsco Pump
to the bottom valve on the Pro X Series Fat Sac.
Run Black Reinforced Hose from the highest valve on the top of the
Pro X Series Fat Sac to the Thru Hull Fitting out the side of the boat.
NOTE: The vent overflow thru hull fitting needs to be higher then
where the Vent Hose is attached to the valve on the top of the Pro X
Series Fat Sac (When Full). This is to prevent water from being blown
out of the vent/overflow thru hull or a siphon from being started.
There are no reviews yet.